Industrial robots can be mounted on the floor and the processing space can be extended almost indefinitely with use of linear axes and rotating table. With 6 degrees of freedom or more, complicated positions can be reached with robots, this makes the total cost of a CNC robot much lower than the cost of a comparable CNC machines. Moreover, setup times in the production sequence can be shortened, since related operations such as milling and trimming can be performed by the robot. Specifically, the possible fields of use of the adaptshape systems include: prototype construction, lightweight forms and processing of form materials or easily machinable aluminium, as well as trimming and related processing.
- Spindle power and size can be change easily.
- The software solution is easy to use, thanks to direct export from SolidCAM
- Cost-effective large-scale processing by cost-optimized mmachining cells with standard technologies.
- Processing speed comparable to CNC machines, with an accuracy of approximately 1.0 mm or less.
- Use for prototyping, molds for lightweight construction “smaller quantities”, mold materials or millable aluminium, trimming and related processing.
- Milling, lamination and finishing at the same workstation.
5 Standard configurations: